This site is always going to be a work in progress!

If you have been visiting regularly, you will notice the look of my blog looks different almost everyday. The reason is that I am trying to customize an attractive look for my readers...and because it is alot of fun trying to figure it all out! I hope that you enjoy watching the changes...until I get it just right. Love Ya!

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

KAA...U Know!

The week of July 28th to August 4th, our staff took some of our kids to an urban sports camp, Kids Across America (also know as KAA...U Know!). It was a great experience for the kids and me...all the way in Branson, Missouri in the woods. If you want to know more about the camp, you can visit the website at http://www.kidsacrossamerica.org/.

We took about 80 kids along with our church, Fellowship Memphis (http://www.fellowshipmemphis.org). It was a great time for alot of these kids to get away from the hood, meet new people, and most importantly, continue to be exposed to the gospel of Christ.

This was also a refueling time for urban youth workers because we brought our kids with us, but the camp counselors were responsible for them for the week while we took a "bubble bath in Jesus"! I had a great time networking with other people in ministry from all over the US. (I wanna give a shout out to my new friends in Missouri, Nebraska, Florida, and Okalahoma!) Oh, and I also had an oppportunity to do a high ropes course (scary stuff!), go tubing in the lake, and went down a zip line! It was a very adventurous week for all of us. I can't wait to go back next year to KAA...U Know!

post signature

1 comments:

These Three Kings said...

I am so shame at your "shout outs" ahhh lol
love it!
PRAise the LORD for KAA and all the other camps that that the LORD uses to draw these kids!! what fun! Thanks for the update girl! praying for your strength and perseverance!