This site is always going to be a work in progress!

If you have been visiting regularly, you will notice the look of my blog looks different almost everyday. The reason is that I am trying to customize an attractive look for my readers...and because it is alot of fun trying to figure it all out! I hope that you enjoy watching the changes...until I get it just right. Love Ya!

Sunday, June 1, 2008

First Week in Memphis

I arrived in Memphis last weekend...Saturday, May 24th! It was a long journey...about a 10 hour drive away from home...but I am here and so excited about what the Lord has planned for us as we seek Him and walk by faith.

Tuesday was the big starting date for all that we have planned for the summer...hosting church groups, VoBS (Vocation Beginners School where kids we are involved with in the community work and go through Bible Studies and Likfe Skill training), KAA camp (Kids Across America--Urban Sports Camp) in Branson, Missouri, and more trips out of town! I love road trips!

There are now 10 interns that are going to be working along side the staff this summer. Everyone arrived here on Tuesday for our staff retreat and orientation. All week we have been together growing in the Lord and encouraging one another. And get this...every Tuesday and Thursday we are going to be participating in a Boot Camp Workout session together at 5:00 am!

In the afternoons, I've had opportunites to refuel, getting familiar with the city (Walmart is about 20 minutes away!), and decorating our new place. The past two Sundays we attended fellowship Memphis for morning worship (http://www.fellowshipmemphis.org) and I absolutely love it!

I am excited about this new transition and I can't wait to keep you all posted with more details later.

Love,

post signature

0 comments: